Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Peanut Butter, Date, and Fruit Smoothie

I have been loving my blender lately to make nutritious smoothies. When I received my surprise ingredients for this challenge, I started thinking of how could I put them together. You guys know I am all about simple, easy, quick recipes and this is definitely one of them!

Peanut Butter, Date and Fruit Smoothie
by Sarah M

1 cup strawberries, halved
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 frozen banana
3 dates, pitted and chopped
1/2 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
1 Tablespoon homemade peanut better (recipe below)
1/2 cup milk (I used 2%)

Add all ingredients in order to your blender and blend it up! I pulse mine a few times to get everything started and then blend it for a few minutes until everything comes together. Couldn't be more easy, right? It is really tasty, and the dates play a big part in bringing a natural sweetness.

2-Ingredient Peanut Butter
by Sarah

2 cups salted peanuts
1 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted

Add the peanuts to your food processor. Pulse until the peanuts get small and crumbly. Keep processing until you see the peanuts coming together and then add the coconut oil. Continue to process until the peanuts become smooth. This will take about 10-15 minutes.

The result will be a peanut butter with a bit of texture to it; not quite as smooth as what you go out and buy. Store in a small container (2 cups of peanuts made 1 cup of peanut butter) and keep in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment